Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Should be asleep...

...but I am not. as a late comer to my unit in Iraq, I will be working the night shift: 2000h to 0800h. I finally, after months of paper pushing, phone calls, (and harassing) landed at Camp Taji, Iraq for Operation New Dawn. I was delirious with sleep deprivation. I fell asleep on CPT Cabaniss' during my in brief. I missed a few key things: never walk anywhere by yourself, especially if you are female, if you think you are on the abandoned side of base, leave the area, and lastly, the map he gave me had two sides. Not knowing this instigated a two hour impromptu tour of the base on my own in 80 degree plus heat by myself. aka I was lost on the wrong side of base. Luckily I found my way back....and and asked to see the slide show again. So far, chow is good. My dining partner as of late is none other than Mr George Chip, blackhawk pilot, and my former high school vice principle! Many awesome conversations, and one cool (and more enjoyable) bike tour. I bought a cheapo bike and helmet the second I heard they were restocked at the PX. It's well worth it! Any how I need to get to bed... Formation at 1200, then chow, then back to sleep until 1900. I start my rotations at the aviation clinic. So much for a first post. I'm pooped!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Christina, love, spell check only works if you type in the right form of the word (ie, principal (Mr. Chip) vs principle ($$)). :)

Love you, stay safe! :)

Post a Comment

 
Blogspot Templates by TNB